This project is read-only.

Help

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Hi, I started working in a SharPoint administrators group and this is my first contact with this tool for web, and now I'm searching complements for our team site, wich is very big, in this research I found many complements and I liked to have found this one because it will be very usefull, then I downloaded, instaled and deployded in STSADM, but I had a problem when I was activating this feature, there was the following mensage: "Deploy resources files in appropriate directory". I checked the files in it's directories but I didn't find any irregular thing. Can someone help me with this, thanks.

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Hello,

actually, you have two feature to activate. The first is "WhoIsOnline". It is a Site Collection Feature and deploy WebPart, UserControl,... The second is "WhoInOnlineRessourcesFiles". It is ressource file to deploy in order to have the feature in english and french. You have to activate the WebApplication feature first.

About it... I'm currently work to the 1.1 (or 1.2) version of this tool. The next release will be more interesting ;-)

Good luck

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Hi Zick,

I first thank you for answearing, but the problem is that the feature i'm trying to activate is "WhoIsOnline", and I've already tried to install the file called "feature.xml" by STSADM, but i couldn't make it,it seems that "WhoIsOnline" requires another feature to be installed before it, or some files placed in certain folders but I can't find it. Would it be possible for you making a tutorial for me, it would be so usefull for our portal wich is brazilian and it's about children education.

Thanks, and waiting for your answear and the next release!

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Hi again,

Zick, could you tell me waht should I exactely install first, neither me or my team can activate this solution, do I have to install something like AJAX?

Thanks!

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Hi,

don't worry. I almost finished to develop the next release. It will be easier to install and I'll make a little "how to" in order to help you users to deploy the solution. I'll release this version this week end or in the beggining of the next week ;-)

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Hello,

I just released the new version of "Who is online". If you download the source pack, there is a batch file in it that gives you command in order to deploy and use the solution ;)